Before you read what I write. Read who I am.

Originally from Alberta and in the last number of years having been living in Vancouver, British Columbia. We are now living in Woolwich, London where we inhabit a wonderful little 2 floor flat in the Royal Arsenal. The family has grown over the years from being just my wife and I to the family of four we are now. My work has brought us to London for the next two years where for the first time in ages we will live in the same house for more than a birthday. The experience is written below from then till now. With a view of the Thames from our windows and boat ride to work the new life begins.

21 Nov 2007

What's all this then

We had the appointment for Sebastian at the Ophthalmologist yesterday and the verdict is that his right eye is still functional and just needs to be 'woken up'. So Sebastian gets to wear an eye patch for a month. 2 weeks of all the time and 2 weeks of part time. He also gets glasses to help him focus his eyes which we pick up from the Lab tomorrow.

Kate had her appointment today and was told some very good things I think. That she needs to relearn how to do some things in her life and was given a way to ease out the anxiety. (read: drug) So I am excited at this opportunity as the Dr that saw Kate says she strongly believes that it will be suprising to all of us (including Kate) what comes out the other side of this.

I started my new Journey today as well. You may or may not recall some of my musings regarding my personal state. 1 2 3 4 5

So today I started Effexor and had a swell time running the gambit of side effects while trying to get some work done. I started work being swimmy headed and lightfooted and moved on to shaky and a little dizzy. Jaw clenched and teeth grinding and feeling a little like I should be sitting down. I've never taken a major drug before and my friend Sean just likened it to taking E (which I have never done) but it's certainly a trip. After about a week at this level I will be ramping the dose to double and at that point I guess we will see what my body (and brain) can handle.

No comments: