Before you read what I write. Read who I am.

Originally from Alberta and in the last number of years having been living in Vancouver, British Columbia. We are now living in Woolwich, London where we inhabit a wonderful little 2 floor flat in the Royal Arsenal. The family has grown over the years from being just my wife and I to the family of four we are now. My work has brought us to London for the next two years where for the first time in ages we will live in the same house for more than a birthday. The experience is written below from then till now. With a view of the Thames from our windows and boat ride to work the new life begins.

17 Nov 2007

Low Emotional Intelligence

So a while ago I took a test that says I have low emotional intelligence. This means that my ability to tell what people are actually feeling and that the tone and inflection of a persons speech often is lost on me and I will perceive whatever my brain wanted to perceive. Like wise it' s hard to know what the emotions I have actually are and how to process what I feel to words.

So take that and realize that I am already struggling to get the true meanings behind peoples actions and words and then add something that requires attention in an emotional way.

Kate let me know today her true feelings about what is going on with her.

Sebastian is staying with our friends Brian and Shannon for the weekend. He's been gone for about 8 hours now and I can't believe how much I miss him and miss having him around (even if he would be sleeping right now) We haven't been away from him (like both of us not just one of us) for his entire life... I'm sure that some of this weekend will be very scary for him.

Kate's mom is coming in from Calgary to help out however she can. I haven't really discussed how long she'll be here or where she will stay while here and what she is expecting ( or what we are expecting of her) with her. I hope that she can be here with Kate, Riby and Sebastian while I can still work to keep us afloat. Not what I would love but, it's great that Johanna would do that. We never ask much of that part of Kate's family but when we do they come through all the way.

No comments: