Before you read what I write. Read who I am.

Originally from Alberta and in the last number of years having been living in Vancouver, British Columbia. We are now living in Woolwich, London where we inhabit a wonderful little 2 floor flat in the Royal Arsenal. The family has grown over the years from being just my wife and I to the family of four we are now. My work has brought us to London for the next two years where for the first time in ages we will live in the same house for more than a birthday. The experience is written below from then till now. With a view of the Thames from our windows and boat ride to work the new life begins.

23 Oct 2007

A Trip to the Beach

Well, Kate is now term +6 so we are still waiting on this baby to decide to come out. This morning after Sebastian convinced me to get out of bed we went to the living room to have some breakfast. I decided, after seeing this weird thing thing I'm told is called "The Sun", that we needed to hit the beach. We took out the RC Boat that my parents gave Sebastian and sent it for a spin about in the waves. It doesn't go very fast which makes it a little boring but it is still pretty fun.

Then Sebastian and I walked down to the Pier and looked underneath for sea creatures. We saw Crabs and Star Fish and Fish Fish. Sebastian claims he spotted at least 2 slippery fish and an octopus under there as well but I'm sceptical. We left Kate to sit on some driftwood to knit her new hat for the baby.

There was also a great big Heron hanging out by the pier who would swoop down and scoop some fish out of the water every so often.

After all this we walked back along the beach throwing stones in to the water. It was really relaxing. The beach was quiet and the sun was out so it was nice and warm with a light autumn chill and the ocean was nicely behaving itself.

Sebastian loves throwing rocks in to the water, I think mostly for the splash. He discovered today that you can throw a handful of dirt and get multiple splashes. So needless to say he got a little muddy for a little while.

After, we walked down to where Kate was sitting we got together an took a little family photo.

Aren't we just so bloody cute?

Lastly Kate and I took a few pictures of her belly before this baby comes out (COME OUT DAMN YOU) and we caught the good luck bug. A little lady bug came by and did a walkabout on Kate's tummy.


I guess that lady bugs are the bearers of good luck. So hopefully something joyful will happen. :)

No comments: