Before you read what I write. Read who I am.

Originally from Alberta and in the last number of years having been living in Vancouver, British Columbia. We are now living in Woolwich, London where we inhabit a wonderful little 2 floor flat in the Royal Arsenal. The family has grown over the years from being just my wife and I to the family of four we are now. My work has brought us to London for the next two years where for the first time in ages we will live in the same house for more than a birthday. The experience is written below from then till now. With a view of the Thames from our windows and boat ride to work the new life begins.

26 Oct 2007

The Aftermath

Well it's been a little over a two days now since Rigby was born. Her *real* name is Lilian Rigby Forsyth and she is named for my Grandmother of my Mothers side. Lilian Appleby. Although I have no memory of her, every image I have ever seen paints a picture of someone compassionate, caring and maternal. My Grandfather was someone who cared a great deal about me, and he was a very good role model for me as he ( Possibly due to my youth ) seemed to be an honest, kind and strong man. Sebastian ( Arthur DeWolfe Forsyth ) gained my Grandfathers name as well as Kate's Grandfathers.

Lilian seems to be a good soul, Sebastian seemed to be a return visitor when he was born and I somehow get the sense that she is also here with age behind her. They both have the same warmth to them. Of course I am their Father and I would totally understand the criticism that I feel their warmth because of this fact but at the same time I have only felt like this toward a small handful of people in my life and generally speaking they were the kindest and most heartwarming individuals I have known.

Gordon came by yesterday and remarked how much he likes the name Lilian and how it was a good old fashioned name. He did something very similar with Sebastian and some how it feels like a comment on this idea of them both being 'old souls'. Again, criticism aside, I do like the feeling that my children are simply beings embarking on the next round of their existence and that we [ the ones who are learned ] get to help them remember the things they once knew.

So, welcome back.

1 comment:

The Right Cake is the WONG Cake! said...

She is beautiful. You and your family are very lucky. Once again, congratulations!