Before you read what I write. Read who I am.

Originally from Alberta and in the last number of years having been living in Vancouver, British Columbia. We are now living in Woolwich, London where we inhabit a wonderful little 2 floor flat in the Royal Arsenal. The family has grown over the years from being just my wife and I to the family of four we are now. My work has brought us to London for the next two years where for the first time in ages we will live in the same house for more than a birthday. The experience is written below from then till now. With a view of the Thames from our windows and boat ride to work the new life begins.

3 Oct 2006

orientation

I went through a long weekend. It wasn't long in the sense that there was a holiday up in it but long in the sense that I drove for 24hours out of the last 72. We went out to Calgary to see Kates Oma and S's Oma D as it were. She's a very wonderful woman from Nova Scotia. She's dutch and has one heck of an accent mit a great sense of humour. We visited for a day with them and had a wonderful time. S really enjoyed it too.

We also stayed with our friends Rob n Nickie and their little boy Taryn. They are such nice people and love to talk and talk and talk and talk and.... well it was SO nice of them to let us stay with them for those two nights and we really hope to see them again soon. Such nice people. The type we wish we knew here in Van.

So Corey also came with us on the trip. She ran in the Cancer run in calgary or walked? Either way she did it with her mom and had a good time. It rained and then rained a little harder and then poured down while they did it but they still went the 5km. So good for them, raising money for breast cancer and all.

Nigel. well, nigel has been going through "the rough times" and apparently got drunk and trashed his house. Avoiding his large tv which is good but proves that the rage had control and thusly was done more for the show of it rather than the emotional outburst. He also kicked in the side of his car when he lost some money running for elton john or something. All in all I think the guy needs some counselling and to at least just sit and talk openly with someone who is not going to try to give a solution. I hope he gets some help, or finds what he needs. He and I know that he needs to leave Calgary. That place is just such a shit hole for people who are not super rich. We'll see what happens. As my friend sean says. The only thing you ever bring with you is you. it's true.

I went through the orientation process at work on monday. Got to see how they grew, all the companies they've taken over and where they are going with their 3.1billion in revenues. They could give it up to me. I'll hang on to it for them.... put it under the matress or something.....

1 comment:

CoreyGirl said...

Why do I look so surprised in that photo??