Before you read what I write. Read who I am.

Originally from Alberta and in the last number of years having been living in Vancouver, British Columbia. We are now living in Woolwich, London where we inhabit a wonderful little 2 floor flat in the Royal Arsenal. The family has grown over the years from being just my wife and I to the family of four we are now. My work has brought us to London for the next two years where for the first time in ages we will live in the same house for more than a birthday. The experience is written below from then till now. With a view of the Thames from our windows and boat ride to work the new life begins.

18 Oct 2006

quibble quabble

Office politics man. It's almost impossible to stay out of them and when you do you seem like you are either NOT a team player or that you don't care about the issue.

I for one am new in my job and don't want to get involved in the "that user is a fuckin moron and I am going to give them the slowest service ever" action. I want to form my own opinions and until then AND even after then I still hope to give the same service to everyone. I know I will have favorites and they will get the instant help that others will have to wait for but that's hard to avoid. I do however hope that I will never deem someone not worthy of "speedy service" just because our personalities do not mesh.


That said, lets get on to the homw life. S man is really picking up the developmental pace around here. He's learning more and more words and getting more and more independant. His wanting to do his own things is at odds with what we need at times but Kate and I are learning to cope and to work around it quite well I think.


I started out at the gym this monday and am going again today. I'm working on 3 days a week for now and maybe I will change that soon or not so soon. I found myself to be the fattest I have ever been in my entire life the other day, and although that is not the reason I have started going to the gym (this was decided a few weeks ago) it is a great motivator.


Kate will start going with her friend next week to a twice weekly step class. It makes me very happy to have us both finally up off our asses and doing something about our poor health. Well not really poor but not good. We've started eating better and better and I haven't seen hide nor hair of meat for a while. We are about to start getting all our groceries delivered once a week and everything they have is organic! www.spud.ca We are looking forward to it.


On top of that Kate has been doing an amazing job on her current project, getting a meal plan together that looks after our daily needs as well as portion controls us while giving us all we could hope for. It's very well rounded and quite well thought out and I am confident that with the correct foods coming in to meet a tasty and health meal plan we should be quite happy eaters very soon. To top it off we have cut down on the amounts of processed foods we eat by at least %80 and it feels really good. I've found I have less desire for them and I am making alternative ( *right* ) choices instead of packaged ones. (bagel instead of chips) It's odd but actually caring about my body is kinda fun. Wish I'd realized it oh say..... 15 years ago?


Right well time to do dishes then it's off to day two at the gym. I wish us all luck.

No comments: