Before you read what I write. Read who I am.

Originally from Alberta and in the last number of years having been living in Vancouver, British Columbia. We are now living in Woolwich, London where we inhabit a wonderful little 2 floor flat in the Royal Arsenal. The family has grown over the years from being just my wife and I to the family of four we are now. My work has brought us to London for the next two years where for the first time in ages we will live in the same house for more than a birthday. The experience is written below from then till now. With a view of the Thames from our windows and boat ride to work the new life begins.

4 Oct 2006

Coke gives me wood!

Literally!

I have no idea what the fuck this is but it floated in to my mouth while I had my morning fruit loops and coke breakfast yesterday. Coke says there is no way for anything to get in to their cans and wondered if I bealched then found this in my mouth.


The answer is no.

I don't know if it came from in the drink or on it or what but I didn't see it when I opened the can and I hope that I didn't have any mysterious pieces of wood on my face at the time since I just got off the train and all. So how did it arrive at my lips? Good question.

Coke says the can probably recieved a pin hole sized puncture during one of the shipping moves or distribution and that hole was instantly sealed with what is called secondary corrosion (anyone remember the tooth in coke experiment?) and the hole was sealed with sugars attacking the foreign matter entering the sweet sweet blackness that dwells within. When this happened MOLD was created and it grew between the time ( 6:51pm on July 1st on the #3 production line) the can was created and the time I drank it (7:15am on Oct 2nd at my desk).

So mmmmmmmmm boy. either way coke is now sending me a coupon for some free coke so I can have this experience alllllllll over again. yay! I'm off coke for now, I know the sweet nectar will draw me back at the first chance it gets but for now..... EVIL@!#$$%!! (why is evil a hyperlink? and where is it going? seriously. I didn't do that.)

Coca-Cola Classic now with wood mold flavour for your mouth.

oh yeah. And three out of three techies agree that this shit looks like wood, feels like wood and well... we only have two things but it's wood.

1 comment:

VINCE LANE said...

Spooky!
You never know these days. Keep a weather eye.
RR