Before you read what I write. Read who I am.

Originally from Alberta and in the last number of years having been living in Vancouver, British Columbia. We are now living in Woolwich, London where we inhabit a wonderful little 2 floor flat in the Royal Arsenal. The family has grown over the years from being just my wife and I to the family of four we are now. My work has brought us to London for the next two years where for the first time in ages we will live in the same house for more than a birthday. The experience is written below from then till now. With a view of the Thames from our windows and boat ride to work the new life begins.

4 Nov 2012

It's been awhile

Well it has been an entire year since the last time I posted here on Steak n Doughnuts...

In that time we have gone through a move from Woolwich to Southend-on-Sea (Sept 2012), the entirety of the Games and Paralympics of London 2012 and the end of my role with Acer.

Overall it's been an interesting year, there have been ups and downs all around. We have gone through some heavy times with the project consuming my entire life, taking up time, energy and putting the family last. On the other side, the Games came off very well and there were great connections and friendships made. The family survived and now that we have moved from a cramped little flat to a nicely sized house in the suburban collective of Southend, with a yard and trampoline etc. Very nice.

We also have to replace the kids passports, apply for VISAs for the family to stay in the country and then plan a trip back home to Canada in March (Tickets are already booked) :)

Beyond this all - the games and family etc I am now unemployed. Not such a bad thing as my negotiated end of contract bonus was decent enough to last through till March. I do however want to get in to something new soon as I do get grumpy at home with no work - I like a challenge. Seems though that as a 'good little house man' I do a decent job according to Kate.

Anyhow - that's it for now, I'll come back with more when there's more to tell.

No comments: