Before you read what I write. Read who I am.

Originally from Alberta and in the last number of years having been living in Vancouver, British Columbia. We are now living in Woolwich, London where we inhabit a wonderful little 2 floor flat in the Royal Arsenal. The family has grown over the years from being just my wife and I to the family of four we are now. My work has brought us to London for the next two years where for the first time in ages we will live in the same house for more than a birthday. The experience is written below from then till now. With a view of the Thames from our windows and boat ride to work the new life begins.

7 Aug 2013

Another 9 months

It seems I spend little time updating this blog nowadays. Makes me wonder if I should keep it more active or let it go.

Last time I posted we had moved out to Southend and were getting set up in our new home. It was November.

After that we went through unemployment woes until March and nearly moved back to Canada. I ended up in a role with a company called Xchanging as a Resource Management Coordinator. Not the most ideal place (finance and insurance) for me but it's been enjoyable. It's strange coming from the high pace and weight of the Olympics to this role.

Over the time I was off we did quite a bit of stuff. We started a minecraft server for Home Ed kids and ran that for about 4 months. We got a blog going for that at minebender.co.uk, and also I began baking... a lot. Since Kate is Gluten free, getting treats can be either a pain or costly so I started turning over quite the spread of goodies. Then I started THAT blog! haha. downthefoodpipe.wordpress.com

That one is still going as I add on some of our food adventures and wins at baking.

I had surgery on my foot last month and am still recovering from that as I write - just to get my toe fixed up but it has forced me to wear socks and sandals for the last month. The comments for that fashion beauty have been consistently negative.

I've been woodworking a bit more as well as the paper craft I have been doing. We have our two stores running at folksy (folksy.com/shops/idyllia and folksy.com/shops/paintedbunting) for Kate and I's crafts. We've been to a number of fairs and shows that have done us well and are certainly enjoying our time being makers.

Since I've always tried to keep posts here short(ish) I'm just going to throw down a stream of photos now.

-Till next time.

























No comments: