Before you read what I write. Read who I am.

Originally from Alberta and in the last number of years having been living in Vancouver, British Columbia. We are now living in Woolwich, London where we inhabit a wonderful little 2 floor flat in the Royal Arsenal. The family has grown over the years from being just my wife and I to the family of four we are now. My work has brought us to London for the next two years where for the first time in ages we will live in the same house for more than a birthday. The experience is written below from then till now. With a view of the Thames from our windows and boat ride to work the new life begins.

13 Aug 2007

Fantastic weekend

Sebastian and I played all weekend long. It was a hella amount of fun.

We hit the park, we played soccer, we played in the sandbox, we wrestled fooled around playing hide and seek and generally had a great time. It was the best feeling of 'dad' that I've sported in a while.

We went to the mall and hit the playpit and rather than sit on the sidelines I got in there and chased him around, directed him to go through and over and under and around stuff and made him scream with glee as I jumped out from behind things. It was a lot better than my usual sitting on the sidelines and waiting for him to tire out. Although I was tired out by the time Kate came back from the first store.

We hit up a photo booth and got our pictures taken and even got a good one out of it! Then ran about and kicked balls around the Old Navy store. I think a few of the Old Navy employees were less than thrilled about it. Who cares?

We watched (well me and Kate - Seb was asleep) Hot Fuzz on the weekend too. Man that was literally the best cop movie I have seen.... like..... ever. The 'surprise' ending of the movie made it even better. We also watched most of Snatch... I needed to see it again, it had been too long and I had forgotten so much of it. Most because Sebastian woke up right near the end and came to sleep with us.

66 Days until the new baby comes along! I am starting to get that going on a holiday excitement although I'm not too sure that my brain is fully informed of what is actually going on. Perhaps it's like those sunglasses in Hitchhikers Guide where everything goes black at the slightest glimmer of danger. I'm using some old internal defense mechanism to stop myself from seeing what's really going on...

Well, if new baby is even half as much fun as Sebastian is then it should be all worth it cuz man this kid not only has the crazy, but he IS the crazy.

2 comments:

RC said...

that's a fun pic.

watching hot fuzz certainly does help make a weekend great! I loved that movie!

Andrew Forsyth said...

Agreed. I am going to have to watch it again, and his review was spot on.

To comment backwards, I have to say I am also in agreement on 'Remains of the Day' it was a better book than movie but Anthony Hopkins portrayal of the character was quite true to the mental picture I got while reading so I think I gave the movie a better spot in my list.