Before you read what I write. Read who I am.

Originally from Alberta and in the last number of years having been living in Vancouver, British Columbia. We are now living in Woolwich, London where we inhabit a wonderful little 2 floor flat in the Royal Arsenal. The family has grown over the years from being just my wife and I to the family of four we are now. My work has brought us to London for the next two years where for the first time in ages we will live in the same house for more than a birthday. The experience is written below from then till now. With a view of the Thames from our windows and boat ride to work the new life begins.

28 Aug 2007

Advancements

Today my second server became a link aggregated 2GB/s network unit. It joins the first and is now the second server in EA using this connection type. So far my users are only achieving 70mb/s on the primary unit so I think they have some overhead.

RAM on the other hand might need to be increased as now that they can use so many other things [ Like streaming video ] they are using a lot more RAM on the unit. 3GBs out of 4 were being used most of today so I may have to order more.

I asked today for a new training class from both the infrastructure manager and from the COO of my studio. I figure that two chances are better than one. The only problem with this is that I *JUST* realized the course is in Calgary and NOT Vancouver as I originally stated. BLARG!

So now I either have to see if I can be sent to Calgary for 5 days or wait about until Vancouver decides to host the class. [ Which won't be until next year now ]

Well we'll see where I end up. ** I just talked to Kate and she doesn't want me going so close to her due date so I guess I wait till next quarter**

I also talked with my network guy today about the traffic that would occur if I added an Xgrid system to my work. Seems that it would be ok and if I can get the servers I want then he can even make them all 2GB/s to improve the connection speeds. Now I just need to see if he'll do it to a couple of users too.

I sometimes wonder if I am too demanding.

No comments: