Before you read what I write. Read who I am.

Originally from Alberta and in the last number of years having been living in Vancouver, British Columbia. We are now living in Woolwich, London where we inhabit a wonderful little 2 floor flat in the Royal Arsenal. The family has grown over the years from being just my wife and I to the family of four we are now. My work has brought us to London for the next two years where for the first time in ages we will live in the same house for more than a birthday. The experience is written below from then till now. With a view of the Thames from our windows and boat ride to work the new life begins.

9 Jun 2007

We're going to Disneyland...

Not really. Really we're just going to Seattle.

However this is the 6th year in a row where I have taken a company paid Summer vacation out of town. I'm getting really good at this.

Well it came about like this... I wanted to get Apple Server training so I could take the server essentials test and combine the certification with my ACHDS certification to become an ACTC (Apple Certified Technical Coordinator.) So I asked my group to get me in to the training course and was told no dice. There was no money in our training budget this year to pay the $2000USD for me to go take the course. Well, it got mentioned to the COO of MY studio (and we HAVE money - lots of it) and in a meeting he approved it.

Now I checked with Apple and they are not offering this course in western Canada until October or later so I asked if I could fly to Montreal to take it. No Dice. Montreal Jazz festival is on and it was WAYYY to pricey. I thought I was out of luck at this point but my COO suggested California or Seattle instead. SWEET! Well anyway... San Diego was an option but instead I opted for Driving to the Seattle course and dragging Kate and Seb along with me. So that's that... I get my training AND a holiday.

If only I could have gotten him to go for the one in Honolulu on my Birthday in July.... hahahaah

No comments: