Before you read what I write. Read who I am.

Originally from Alberta and in the last number of years having been living in Vancouver, British Columbia. We are now living in Woolwich, London where we inhabit a wonderful little 2 floor flat in the Royal Arsenal. The family has grown over the years from being just my wife and I to the family of four we are now. My work has brought us to London for the next two years where for the first time in ages we will live in the same house for more than a birthday. The experience is written below from then till now. With a view of the Thames from our windows and boat ride to work the new life begins.

3 Aug 2006

Balancing Pennies

Well well. Another month has gone by so time to write again.

Kate you already know what's happening.

We took off to Alberta for a month on a company expensed trip for my work with HSBC. It was a lot of fun, we stayed with my parents in Edmonton and then had a great hotel in Calgary. We got to see all the grandparents and our old friends.

The trip was almost 3 weeks long and was a little stress filled with all the changes in sleeping / eating habits going on around Seb and I think he suffered a little because of it. He did have a great time at the Zoo's and with Taran though.

My parents decided that we needed reliable transportation and thus allowed us to choose a vehicle and they financed it for us. This was like the most amazing thing that has happened to us in a long time. If feels great sitting behind the wheel of a new car that isn't rented and doesn't have to go back to someone in a few days. It's giving me a great feeling of security and comfortability that I have not felt in a long time. It's weird to think a Car can do that to me but at the same time the knowledge that I an my family are safe in there is like a warm blanket.

We got a Kia Spectra 5 in blue and just love it.

Work ends tomorrow and I have a bunch of small project dates ahead of me for RBC and Scotiabank that should provide a little extra cash money. We decided that I should take soem time off and be with Seb and Kate can go work somewhere and get some social time in with other Adults. I think this is going to be one of the hardest things I will ever experience but I really think she needs this more than I, so I am willing. EI plus her job plus some extra projects from Kelly should allow us to continue living.

up comes the new.

No comments: