Before you read what I write. Read who I am.

Originally from Alberta and in the last number of years having been living in Vancouver, British Columbia. We are now living in Woolwich, London where we inhabit a wonderful little 2 floor flat in the Royal Arsenal. The family has grown over the years from being just my wife and I to the family of four we are now. My work has brought us to London for the next two years where for the first time in ages we will live in the same house for more than a birthday. The experience is written below from then till now. With a view of the Thames from our windows and boat ride to work the new life begins.

24 Oct 2010

Immediate Invasion

Well since the last update the family VISAs were approved near instantly and they have been rambling around Vancouver, Vancouver Island and Nova Scotia seeing friends and family and otherwise suffering the dance of displacment. Now they are just about here in England and I will be picking them up at the airport on Wednesday morning (this being Sunday). I cannot wait to have them in country and around the house and city.

Kate has let me know she will basically be hitting the couch with a book and a pot of coffee while I am out with the kids for the first five days in country. Something which I am sure will be a blast for all of us.

Today is Rigby's birthday and in keeping with our technological gifting pattern she recieved a new iPod touch for her 3rd. She loves owning her own now and Sebastian is immensley jealous over this. He on the other hand will be getting a PsP for Xmas so it'll be short lived. While sad that I am missing her birthday I can handle with knowing that after 60days I will be seeing them again right away.

The house has come together nicely and feeling like a place that I live in, once Kate arrives with our boxes of goods and we unpack it should become our family home again. That'll be nice.

No comments: