Before you read what I write. Read who I am.

Originally from Alberta and in the last number of years having been living in Vancouver, British Columbia. We are now living in Woolwich, London where we inhabit a wonderful little 2 floor flat in the Royal Arsenal. The family has grown over the years from being just my wife and I to the family of four we are now. My work has brought us to London for the next two years where for the first time in ages we will live in the same house for more than a birthday. The experience is written below from then till now. With a view of the Thames from our windows and boat ride to work the new life begins.

3 Jan 2008

Ekawa?

I am so very tired today. So very very very very very tired. I tried to nap on the couch while Sebastian played with trains in the living room but every 30 seconds there was a " DAD!". So scratch that, let's make some strong coffee.

I put in the water and grind the beans, put on the pot and sit down to help build a train track. Coffee gurgles it's last hoorah and I hop up to the thought of this sweet black drink that I hate so much but helps the mornings. I grab my cup and fill it up, pour in some cream and reach for the sugar bowl. I put in 4 measured scoops of sugar and spin the fluid a little with my spoon. I place my spoon down on the edge of the sink and pick up this warm inviting cup thinking to myself that soon the drowsy, weary state will soon pass and I can focus again. As I take the first sip expecting to be greeted by roasted flavours with a slight sugary twist I wake up in a flash. The pure unmistakable taste of Salt. I seem to have mistaken the jar marked sugar for the one marked Sea Salt.

I'm awake, that's for sure. A Salty beverage first thing in the morning can do wonders for your state of mind. Although, make sure you have a nice area to spit out this beverage rapidly.

No comments: