Before you read what I write. Read who I am.

Originally from Alberta and in the last number of years having been living in Vancouver, British Columbia. We are now living in Woolwich, London where we inhabit a wonderful little 2 floor flat in the Royal Arsenal. The family has grown over the years from being just my wife and I to the family of four we are now. My work has brought us to London for the next two years where for the first time in ages we will live in the same house for more than a birthday. The experience is written below from then till now. With a view of the Thames from our windows and boat ride to work the new life begins.

2 Dec 2006

nobody listens to techno.

So my friend Craig ( Dj Kwest ) has decided in his infinite wisdom that I am to be the holder of gems. Now this isn't some crazy Dungeons and Dragons thing, no. This is much cooler.

Although being cooler than anything D&D is kinda the same way that water is wetter than rocks.
However, Craig has decided that his business for music producing, image/graphic design and video stuff is more important in the long run than his continued DJ career with vinyl. As the Vinyl Archive project continues and he nears some 3000 pieces of vinyl encoded, mastered and archived he is realizing that his Digital Technics turntables will be the way he will rock the world from this point forth.

Now, getting back to the 'keeper of gems' angle here... I am the chosen to take all of this vinyl as it's encoded... I am the one who gets to inherit the best of the best, all the stuff that he never wants to see fall in to sale, and go to the highest bidder. Never to end up in the hands of some 18 yr old Dj who will fingerprint them and discard them. To top this off there is a lot of 'filler' coming my way too. Great tracks, double packs and singles alike.

So basically I am just happier than a pig in shit and after taking the first bag of many to come yesterday I can honestly say that Janet Jackson's "Got till it's gone" speed garage, DnB and breaks mixes sound better on my turntables than anywhere I've ever heard them before.

No comments: